How to dry hair with a diffuser hair dryer. How to style your hair with a diffuser
- Dry hair
- What is a diffuser
- Choice of nozzle type
- Long and medium (straight) hair
- Short hair
- If you have thin hair:
- 1 way of laying
- 2 piling method (with harnesses)
- 3 way - the easiest and most popular
- Create and tame curls
- Dry hair diffuser
If you have curly locks or small curls, using a diffuser, you dry them without fluffing and retaining the shape. The air from the diffuser dries the hair gently, and the curls remain smooth and shiny. Prepare the hair using products that protect it, and then use the serum to consolidate the result.
Prepare the hair
When taking a shower, apply air conditioning. Thanks to him, your hair will remain moist and will not be pushed. After you wash off the shampoo, apply conditioner to your hair, stepping back a couple of centimeters from the roots (as the fat produced by the scalp serves as a natural conditioner for this area) and distribute it along the entire length to the very tips.
- Some owners of curly hair prefer to wash their hair only with conditioner, as shampoo dries them. Pick the kind of care that is best suited for the texture of your hair. If you have dry and brittle hair, it may be worth trying a conditioner wash.
Rinse with cool water. Rinsing cold water (as cold as you can tolerate) useful for curly hair . It smoothes the hair shaft and prevents fluffing, which allows for smoother curls. This step will help you keep the shape of the curls when you begin to dry them with a diffuser after a shower.
Gently squeeze the excess water out of the hair. Tilt your head down and squeeze the hair with your hands, but do not twist with force. It will also help keep the curls beautiful and alive. When you wipe your hair with a towel, curls fall apart and lose their shape.
Apply indelible conditioner to hair. This is optional, but very effective if your hair is too dry and fluffy. Spread a little indelible conditioner between your palms and gently spread it over your hair, section by section, until you apply it all.
Prepare a diffuser. Most hair dryers come with a diffuser. It's wide round nozzle with large teeth, rounded at the ends. Put it on the hair dryer and switch it to cold or warm mode.
- Cold or warm mode is much better for curly hair than hot. Hot air will dry out your hair and make it brittle.
Tilt your head forward. Most curly ones know how important the volume is at the roots, because curly hair tends to cuddle up to the crown under its own weight. To avoid this, begin to dry them, head down. The hair will dry upside down and, when you're done, will have a lot of volume.
- If you are uncomfortable standing with your head down, you can tilt it one way or the other. It is important not to keep your head straight, since under the action of gravity the hair will lose volume and the top of the head will be flat.
- Another way some resorted to is to lift the hair with hairpins. Use "crab" hairpins to lift the hair at the roots, and dry your head without removing them. So you will not need to tilt your head to achieve volume.
Attach the diffuser to the hairdryer and direct it upwards. Remember that the temperature should be low or medium. Hold the dryer so that the diffuser bowl faces the ceiling.
Place a small amount of hair in the bowl of the diffuser. Take a not very large strand, trying not to damage the shape of the curls, and put it in the diffuser. Simply release the hair into the bowl of the diffuser; no need to press them or bundle them. Do not forget to handle your hair with care.
Raise the diffuser until it touches the head to dry the roots. To access the roots, the teeth separating the hair must touch the scalp. Hold the diffuser in place for a few seconds to allow the hair roots to dry. You can turn the dryer in circular motions to lift the hair and dry the entire strand. When the roots are dry, lower the diffuser and allow the hair to fall free from the bowl.
- Do not hold the diffuser in one place too debt. You need your hair to dry about eighty percent. If you dry them, they fluff.
- Try not to dry the tips. If you can, leave the ends of the hair hanging from the diffuser - they will dry out quickly in the air, but you do not risk drying them out.
Go to the next section of hair. Take another strand, next to the first, and repeat the procedure. Place the hair in a diffuser and lift it to dry the roots. When the hair dries to eighty percent, lower the diffuser and release the hair.
Continue until all the hair is dry. Dry the roots and curls with a diffuser, section by section. Since you will have to stand with your head down, you will most likely have to interrupt several times.
The use of a diffuser for drying hair has long ceased to be the prerogative of stylists alone. But a couple of decades ago, it was used only in hairdressing salons for styling after perm. Today all more women resorts to using this device to create volumetric hairstyles at home.
What is a diffuser
This is a special nozzle for a hairdryer, which helps to give extra volume to your hairstyle. It is a “finger”, located on a flat round “pancake” with a diameter of 10-15 cm. The teeth can have a different size, be hollow and solid, frequent and rare, be located exactly or repeat the outlines of the head.
This design does not injure the curls and skin with hot air. The air jet is scattered through special holes, which can be located both on the disk-based and on the “tentacles”. This makes the installation of a diffuser more gentle, which allows its frequent use.
Choice of nozzle type
There are many options for diffusers, each of which is designed to create different hairstyles:
- The wide platform model is typically used for "ripple-free drying." It is well suited for short hair.
- The adaptation with hollow teeth and small openings gives the chance to give to a hairdress the maximum volume.
- Short "fingers" are good for hair middle length . On curly curls You can create tight curls. Nozzle is not recommended for use on long strands , as there may be bugs.
- The model with the rounded "fingers" at the ends, having support in the form of pads, makes it possible to gently dry the hair on the entire length.
- "Supervolyum" - a model that helps to create voluminous curls on thin hair.
- Diffuser comb, in contrast, aims to straighten hair, not to create curls.
- The device, which has long and straight "fingers", is intended for long straight curls. The nozzle creates a light wave and basal volume.
- If you have long and Thick hair It is better to use the device with long, solid teeth that have an absolutely smooth surface.
Ways of drying and styling hair
What you need:
- spray or serum to protect the hair from exposure to hot air;
- any means for laying: mousse, gel, foam;
- wax (optional) to isolate individual strands;
Long and medium (straight) hair
If you want to add a head of hair and create loose curls, follow this instruction:
- Prepare the head: wash and dry a little. Comb - it will not let your hair get too confused around the "fingers."
- Make a mixture of styling and protective agents: squeeze a little serum, lotion or mousse and fixation gel into your palm. Spread the resulting combination in your palms and apply to slightly dried strands.
- After that, form small strands with your hands, remember them, or twist them into small spirals (not tight). So process the whole head or only those curls that you want to give volume.
- Dry the hair with a suitable diffuser, directing a stream of air from the bottom up. It is better to start from the back of the head, moving to the front strands.
- When everything is ready, you can fix the effect obtained with a stream of cold air so that the hair flakes “smoothed out”.
- At the end you can sprinkle hair with lacquer.
Curly and curly curls
- Wash hair, dry slightly with a towel (they should remain wet) and comb.
- Spray on strands of heat-resistant spray, a little gel or mousse.
- Dry hair with a diffuser, directing a stream of air from the bottom up. To do this, tilt your head slightly forward or sideways. It is necessary to help with your hands - slightly ruffle the hair so that it is lifted in the root zone. The most convenient way is to position the surface of the diffuser at right angles to the head. The device must be closer to the head, then move aside, slightly turning. This helps curls curls on the teeth, forming curls.
- You can select some strands. Take some styling products and apply them to individual areas to form the desired shape with your hands.
- When the hairstyle is ready, apply a lacquer for fixation. It is better to do this from the bottom up, from a distance of 30 cm.
- Without combing the hair, fix the result with a hairdryer.
- Prepare a hair as described above.
- Treat the curls with a thermal spray, then treat them with a small amount of styling agent and tousle slightly with your fingers.
- Begin to lay the diffuser, directing the air from the bottom up. Help with your hands: shag the hair at the temples and at the back of the head.
When the process is completed, you can select individual strands of wax and comb the comb with rare teeth.
If you have thin hair:
- Use a low temperature regime, so as not to injure the already weak curls.
- Drying start from the roots.
- It is recommended to hold the diffuser at an angle of 90 degrees in order to add additional volume to the hair.
How to straighten curly hair:
- Lightly towel-dried hair should be combed and treated with a heat protection spray.
- When straightening hair, you need to direct the air stream from top to bottom and firmly press the "fingers" to the head.
- At the end, treat the curls with a stream of cold air.
Did you like it? ... Put + 1.
Nowadays a cone diffuser comes bundled with many hair dryers, but almost no one uses it, because many, twisting it in their hands, never understanding the principle of work, return the nozzle to the box, forgetting about it, but in vain! Diffuser is a very useful thing. With it, you can create lush curly natural curls or even curls, as well as the diffuser is often used to create the effect of wet hair.
It is important to know!
- Use a hairdryer with a diffuser only at the lowest speed and at the lowest temperature.
- Do not press the nozzle too tightly to the head, it is better not to touch the skin at all.
Materials and tools:
- Hair dryer with nozzle diffuser.
- Comb with a thin tail for separating the order.
- Clips for hair.
- Means for styling. I would like to note that the volume and the best fixation is better to use tools such as foam mousse, and not gel. Recent times The mousse from Sunsilk proved to be very good, its price is low, nevertheless, the effect of the application exceeds all expectations, the hair is not only lush, but also takes the desired shape (in in this case waves)
1 way of laying
In styling this way great attention It is given to the processing of each order separately. Perhaps the first time you will not be able to achieve the desired effect (especially if the hair is straight), because it is better to practice. It is quite painstaking, but thanks to the processing of each strand, it is possible to achieve the effect of not only volume, but also the “clear waviness” of the hair. Suitable for both natural-looking hair and absolutely straight hair.
How to put your hair dryer with a diffuser:
- Towel dry wet hair .
- Comb your hair, squeeze styling products on your palm and evenly distribute it through your hair.
- Separate the strand with the tip of the comb; the thinner it is, the faster it will dry.
- Now a strand of hair must be "beautifully" put a diffuser in the nozzle. “Fold” your hair as if with an accordion (or spring), then lean the nozzle slightly against your head and dry until it is completely dry.
- So you need to do with all the strands of the head, while paying attention to the already dried strands, so that they do not touch wet hair, you can cover wet hair with oilcloth.
2 piling method (with harnesses)
In this way, hair is most often styled after a perm or hair that is too thick. And also, it is one of the most effective ways to give the hair a wet effect, only for wet effect a special gel is also used (see page).
How to put your hair dryer with diffuser in combination with harnesses:
- Hair dry towel. Separate the comb area of hair with a width of about 3 cm and apply hair foam on it.
- Then the selected area is divided into strands strand width of about 3 cm.
- Twist each strand into a bundle and leave them hanging in free fall.
- So take turns to do with all areas of the head.
- Then, as described in the first method, bring the diffuser to a separate section of the hair and dry until completely dry.
Video how to style your hair with a bundle of cones:
3 way - the easiest and most popular
This method is most suitable for those who have hair that is not too “Wild”, do not strongly push, curl by nature or undergo a perm procedure. You will not achieve the effect of distinct curls, but simply give your hair volume and weak waviness.
How to put your hair dryer with a diffuser in the easiest way:
- Dry the hair with a towel and evenly spread over the head to apply a foam for the volume of hair.
- You can tilt your head forward so that they turn out to be more magnificent after laying or dry in the usual position. Now you just need to squeeze the hair with a harmonica with your hands.
- Then just bring the hair dryer to the head and alternately stack hair from different zones into the diffuser.
- After drying, fold the hair back and hands to give them the desired shape.
Video How to put hair in a diffuser in the usual way:
Video How to put hair in a diffuser with your head tilted:
Photo by Stacie Stacie Stacie
Girls with curly hair they want to straighten their curls, and owners of straight hair, on the contrary, want to curl them beautifully, at least temporarily. To make beautiful curls it is not necessary to rush to the hairdresser and do harmful “chemistry”, because there are more benign ways to turn into a curl. For example, a diffuser, i.e. special nozzle for hair dryer!
Create and tame curls
The diffuser can quickly and reliably do not only beautiful curls but will also give extra volume to the hairstyle. The diffuser gently dries, so the curls are textured and voluminous. By the way, girls who have hair curling chaotically can also do the diffuser styling. So much easier to tame naughty curls, make them beautiful.
With the help of a diffuser, you can create a variety of hairstyles with curls of different sizes. This nozzle minimally injures the hair, because it disperses the air well, and also captures a large area in one “trick”, so you can not twist a million hair curlers, but simply use this nozzle.
Dry hair diffuser
The nozzle diffuser is suitable for both short and long curls . There is no fundamental difference, only for styling long hair will need more time. If you need to make light curls, then apply a bit of medium fixation to damp hair, then divide them into several zones-curls (back of the head, crown, etc.). Twist the curl into a light rope, and then with one hand hold the hairdryer with the nozzle, and with the other hand wind the rope around the “fingers” of the nozzle. Now expose the minimum air temperature and average speed, dry. The diffuser should be located as close as possible to the head. Do this with the remaining curls.
If the hair is short, then you do not need to wind anything. The nozzle immediately set at an angle of 90 degrees, as close as possible to the head. When drying, turn the nozzle to get a beautiful volume.
If you want to make the maximum possible curls, then take a strong fixation foam, apply it on wet hair, dry them with a hairdryer with a nozzle, setting the average temperature and speed. Curls with the need to take thin.
Begin to dry from the roots, gradually moving to the tips. When drying, you will have both hands involved, since one will have a hairdryer, and with the second hand you will need to straighten the curls, hold them in the diffuser to make neat curls.
Successful to you experiments and beautiful hairstyles!Did you like it?